Lets read about India Team Squad ICC T20 World Cup 2016, As we are nearing the end of 2015, the next year- 2016 is surely the year to look out for. For Cricket maniacs, this year will be counted as a blessing for the arrival of ICC T20 World Cup 2016 is much awaited, which commences from the month of March and will be culminated in April in India. Based on the current performances of a number of teams, it will be a ‘finger crossing’ moment for all the fans to predict the winner anytime soon.
As mentioned above, it would not be fair to judge any team right now. Who can forget the terrific performance delivered by Team India in 2007’s ICC T20 World Cup, which was also the first ever edition of this tournament, and latest, being the runners-up to the defending champions Sri Lanka two years back. Team India is very much hopeful of winning this prestigious title once again, under the captaincy of most-loved ‘Captain Cool’ aka MS Dhoni.
The lineup for this tournament will probably consist of many familiar faces, but also some emerging talents. A brief look at India Team Squad ICC T20 World Cup 2016:
Here we go with expected India Team Squad ICC T20 World Cup 2016:-
- MS Dhoni (Captain & Wicket Keeper)
- Shikhar Dhawan (Top Order Left Hand Batsman)
- Rohit Sharma (Right Hand Batsman)
- Virat Kohli (Middle Order Right Hand Batsman)
- Yuvraj Singh (Middle Order Left Hand Batsman & Slow left Arm Orthodox Spinner)
- Ravindra Jadeja (Allrounder)
- Suresh Raina (Middle Order Left Hand Batsman)
- A Rehant
- Ravichandran Ashwin (Allrounder)
- Hardik Pandya (Right Arm medium Fast Bowler) (Allrounder)
- Ashish Nehra (Left Arm Medium Fast)
- Jasprit Bumrah (Right Arm medium Fast Bowler)
- Harbhajan Singh (Right Arm Off-break Spinner)
- Mohd Shami (Right Arm Fast Medium Bowler)
- Pawan Negi (Slow Left Arm Orthodox Bowler)
The Men in Blue’s strength lies mostly in the duo Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina. While Virat aggressive innings are much expected, Suresh Raina has also impressed his critics in this year’s World Cup, saving the entire team from tasting the defeat. Also, being the home team would serve as a key factor. The fans would be also look out for Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan’s prolific performances. That were the strengths of India Team Squad ICC T20 World Cup 2016.
Fielding is the part which India must improve the most. It is mostly because of the slack defending that India tastes defeat, sometimes even to the underdogs. The Indian pace-attack is not at its best presently. Being the Host of such a big tournament and Cricket being considered as a ‘Religion’ of the country, much would be awaited and expected from the Men in Blue, most likely the repeat of the First Title Win after a crucial match with Pakistan T20 Team.